Sunday, August 8, 2010

My new book


On the way home from Göteborg, we stopped in Oslo to retrieve our passports from the US Embassy.

While there we stopped at Outland. One of the only fantasy, comic and sci fi book shop chain in Norway(or the only chain actually). There are 2 Outlands in Oslo, and one in Bergen and Stavanger. There was a shop in Haugesund called Ankh, but that was closed down. So I am stuck with on-line shops normally. So when passing threw a bigger city. It is a must to stop by.

Usually, by the end of our trips, there is little money to play with to be able to buy a lot of books. So I need to be picky when I am there. This time I got a bit lucky.
As I went to check the books on sale, (I like some older authors, so a lot of books I tend to want can be found there) the first book I saw there was one that I had been wanting for a long time. The Magician's Apprentice.

I do like Trudi Canavan, her trilogy The Black Magician was a very enjoyable read to me. So when I saw The Magician's Apprentice, I was so excited. Only 80 nok for the hardback. Nice find, yay me!

So now it is time for coffee, a comfortable chair and my new book. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment