Monday, April 1, 2013

So what's new?

Crochet. Not very often do I get into Crochet, but I have been a bit into it lately.
(I actually have been Crocheting longer than knitting and it is much faster for me to complete a project when I crochet it, I just tend to prefer the look of knitting much more. Which explains the more knitted items I will post about.)
I've made a hat for my daughter. The pattern is by Drops Design called Mara


I've also made a flower on to it. I am also currently making a surprise blanket for her, so no pic of that yet. But I do have a pic of my reading blanket for me. Granny Squares.


 I never thought I would make a granny square blanket. I mean, there is nothing wrong with Granny Squares. For years I have seen Granny Square blankets and I just never really liked them.
The last time I was in the US I bought some yarn I really liked (natural and pine by Caron), but had no idea what to make with. Then my girl-friend asked me to make a Tardis scarf for her and bought some yarn in the US for it. Same brand. So with the leftover of her Dk Country Blue, I thought it just worked out perfectly and so a Granny Square blanket for me was born.


I've just got a couple more rows to add, but no worries, the look will be the same, just a bit bigger. I found a cool way of linking the squares without having to sew them together, so Yay! Now, the only finishing to do will be to hide the floating strands. Less work, me happy! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment